great pics from Iommi signing for Iron Man with his fans and reading audience
Iron Man: My Life in Black Sabbath and Beyond will chronicle the story of a band that that Rolling Stone has dubbed “The Beatles of Heavy Metal.” and reveal the man behind the icon: his humor, intelligence and warmth. Tony will speak honestly and unflinchingly about his rough and tumble childhood, his failed marriages, his personal tragedies, his battle with addiction, his bandmates, his many famous friends, his newfound daughter, and the ups and downs of his life as an artist, including his heartbreaking and much publicized legal confrontations with his friend Ozzy, and Ozzy’s wife Sharon Osbourne.
In the last years of the Beatles, when America and Britain were still dabbling in folk and psychedelic rock, a new sound was brewing in the industrial Black Country of the English Midlands, a working class sound that had its roots in the hard rock and heavy blues played in pubs and the ersatz clubs of crumbling poverty-stricken neighborhoods. That sound, heavy metal, would grow to become one of the most important genres of rock and roll, and Black Sabbath was the band responsible for unleashing it on the world. It’s hard to overstate the impact of Black Sabbath and its guiding hand: guitarist, songwriter and leader Tony Iommi.
- Click here to watch Tony Iommi (starting at 15:44) on VH1’s “That Metal Show” on 8/20 (and note the hosts’ enthusiasm about the book)
- Envision Radio Networks radio tour, 9:00-10:30 a.m. EDT, 10/31
- “Stone & Double T Show,” WXRX Radio (Rockford, IL), live, 2:00-2:15 p.m. CT, 10/31
- VH1 Radio Network, Classic Rock Prep (provides pre-produced ready-to-air news segments for radio stations all over the country), 20-minute interview, tapes 10/31
- VH1’s “Classic Rock Nights” (TV show hosted by Eddie Webb), 7-8 p.m. EDT, 10/31
- VH1 radio tour, shows/stations tk, 9-11 a.m. EDT, 11/1
- Premiere Radio Networks radio tour, shows/stations tk, 8-11 a.m. EDT, 11/2
- AntiMusic.com, post announcing Tony Iommi will be doing NYC signings, 8/19
IRON MAN (9780306819551 / 9780306820540 EBK): On Sale Sept 27